Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe being submitted for ZWT III. I found this on allrecipes.com and it was submitted by YAC2004. The recipes introduction states: These cookies are like little bites of Christmas. Cinnamon and cardamom flavor these little shortbread nuggets."
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, stirring until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cardamom and cinnamon. stir into the sugar mixture just until blended.
- Separate the dough into 6 balls.
- Roll each ball into a rope about as big around as your finger on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces, and place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Just bagging them up for presents before I eat them all... Absolutely delicious! I added 1tsp black pepper and 4 Tbsp golden syrup (makes them crackled on top, but so moreish!) I found that I needed to add lots more flour.
This recipe is great! I got over 100 cookies from it. The Dane at our New Year's party loved them. Said they tasted just like her mom used to make, but they were a little lighter colored than usual. I'll put them in the oven longer next time, because I will definitely be making these again. Thank you for posting this!
This was a great recipe!