Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional English dish commonly served with ham or boiled beef. Also lovely served cold, spread on a chunk of bread and topped with a thin slice of ham. Prep time does not include the overnight soaking.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush a 4-cup ovenproof dish with melted butter or oil.
- Place first three ingredients in a large saucepanand cover with water; place lid on saucepan and cook over gentle heat until the peas start to split.
- Drain peas and discard rosemary; mash and add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into dish; place into a larger baking pan and fill that pan with water to come halfway up the side.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until pudding sets.
- Serve warm.