Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A traditional English dish commonly served with ham or boiled beef. Also lovely served cold, spread on a chunk of bread and topped with a thin slice of ham. Prep time does not include the overnight soaking.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush a 4-cup ovenproof dish with melted butter or oil.
- Place first three ingredients in a large saucepanand cover with water; place lid on saucepan and cook over gentle heat until the peas start to split.
- Drain peas and discard rosemary; mash and add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into dish; place into a larger baking pan and fill that pan with water to come halfway up the side.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until pudding sets.
- Serve warm.
I thought it was quite time for someone to review this. I made 1/2 of a batch, as that's enough for me, and for the blender as well. I didn't have fresh rosemary, and could have opted for dried, but I put in some granulated garlic instead. I also used dried onion as I forgot to get an onion. Otherwise, I followed the instructions, and I thought it was quite lovely. Thank you very much Molly53!
Mmm...my childhood on a plate...