haven't the slightest's Note:
Traditional Newfoundland side dish. This recipe came from the package for an authentic Newfoundland pudding bag. When I was a kid my grandmother made this with Sunday dinner and the taste brings back good childhood memories. note: prep and cook time does not include soaking overnight
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash peas, soak in water overnight, then rinse.
- 2Place peas in pudding bag (can use thin towel or cloth).
- 3Tie bag - allowing room for expansion
- 4Cook in salted water for approximately 2 hours.
- 5Remove bag from pot and squeeze out excess water
- 6Remove peas from bag and mash with butter, salt and pepper.
- 7You can press the mixture into a curved cereal bowl, then turn over and tap the bottom to remove. This will give the pease pudding a nice domed shape.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pease Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.5
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 238.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g