Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Gang, it's good to be healthy! AND when something can taste good at the same time...well, how do you beat that!
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup split peas
- 3 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock (homemade is best)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons japanese gomashio
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper, ground
- Heat oil on med-high in large saucepan and fry onions until just soft.
- Add carrot, parsnip and peas. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring so not to burn.
- Blend in stock, bay leaf, and mustard. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Lower heat immediately and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- When done, add gomashio and pepper.