Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
a middle ages recipe for all to enjoy!
Make and share this Pease Porridge recipe from Food.com.
- put the dried peas into a mixing bowl and cover with cold water. let them soak overnight.
- drain & rinse the peas.
- put the peas in a saucepan with the milk & cook them slowly over low heat. do not let the milk boil.
- stir the peas occasionally so they don't stick to the pan.
- when the peas are soft,(about 1 to 1/2 hours)take the saucepan off the heat & mash the peas into a smooth paste.
- stir in the black pepper & salt.
- put the mixture into a serving dish.