1 hr 10 mins
abe ray's Note:
a middle ages recipe for all to enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1put the dried peas into a mixing bowl and cover with cold water. let them soak overnight.
- 2drain & rinse the peas.
- 3put the peas in a saucepan with the milk & cook them slowly over low heat. do not let the milk boil.
- 4stir the peas occasionally so they don't stick to the pan.
- 5when the peas are soft,(about 1 to 1/2 hours)take the saucepan off the heat & mash the peas into a smooth paste.
- 6stir in the black pepper & salt.
- 7put the mixture into a serving dish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pease Porridge
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 350.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried whole green peas