Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of the girls that was working in our Analytics group is from Turkey. Her last day was yesterday and as a gift she gave everyone a small book of Turkish recipes. I haven't made any of these myself, but have tasted them when she brought them to work. I'm pleased to share them with you all.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups finely chopped assorted fresh vegetables (either Italian or California blend) or 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables (either Italian or California blend)
- 5 cups consomme or 5 cups stock, your choice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- Chop onion and brown in butter.
- Add flour and stir. Slowly add consommé stirring until a thin sauce is formed.
- Add vegetables and simmer 10-15 minutes.