I grow turnips for their delicious greens. But I get the roots as a by-product and need to find something to use them for. Not being too fond of cooked, mashed turnips, I'm playing with salad variations. This one is tangy and sweet with just a bit of bite from the sweet hot mustard. "Cooking" time is chilling time.
- Peel turnips and carrot. Shred or julienne cut all the vegetables.
- Toss veggies with sugar.
- Mix dressing ingredients, whipping with a fork or a whisk until the mustard is dissolved.
- Toss dressing with veggies.
- Chill at least one hour to blend flavors.
- Note: Can substitute Splenda or preferred artificial sweetener to make this diabetic-friendly.