Recipe by Simply Chris
Proscuitto and fresh tomatoes are the main ingredients in this easy to prepare and delicious spaghetti dish. This recipe is based on one from Valentino's in Santa Monica.
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb roma tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the garlic and tomatoes with the olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the prosciutto, black pepper and oregano.
- Reduce heat and simmer until ingredients are well blended, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley and Asiago cheese.
- In a large pasta bowl toss the sauce mixture with the cooked and drained spaghetti.
- Garnish with additional whole parsley sprigs.