Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This comes from my crock-pot cookbook. I serve it with garlic bread and extra parmesan cheese. Sometimes even a salad.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb smoked beef sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups savoy cabbage, sliced (or other)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, roasted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- Slice sausage into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Cut potatoes into cubes 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
- Dice or slice red pepper.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in sausage and oregano.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, and add salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Transfer to crock-pot or slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours stirring every hour.
- Add cabbage and bell pepper last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Top with parmesan cheese before serving.
I didn't get to taste this as by the time I got home the family had devoured the whole pot! My dh did forget to add the cabbage but loved it anyway. It's already been requested again!