Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Carla Hall. This potato salad is the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Expand your food horizons with this yummy vinaigrette!
For the potato salad
- 3 cups assorted potatoes, 1/2-inch dice (Yukon, purple, red bliss, or fingerling)
- 1 cup butternut squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup blanched green beans, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pepper, 1/4-inch dice (red, yellow and or or orange)
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, mint and or or basil)
For the vinaigrette
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup harissa (Middle Eastern chili paste available in tubes or jars)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine or 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the potatoes: Cook potatoes in generously salted water until tender. Rinse and cool on sheet pan. While potatoes are cooking, toss butternut squash in 1 tablespoon olive oil and pan sear until tender.
- Prepare vinaigrette and remaining vegetables. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, vegetables, olives, scallions and herbs. Toss gently to combine. Drizzle potato mixture with enough dressing to coat potatoes and vegetables. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Chill or serve room temperature.
- For the vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, add shallots, garlic, harissa paste, Dijon and vinegar. Process until smooth. Slowly pour in oil while blender is running to create an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper.