Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
This simple pasta dish is very cheap to make, Just a few ingredients and a good olive oil turn this into a meal to relish. I cook the bones from a chicken carcass to make a stock, chicken stock cubes work well if you don't want to make your own stock. Pasta shells are prefered in this dish as they catch the chick peas and the final result is like having a shell with an oyster inside. Kids seem to go for this version of pasta that I cooked many times while in Italy. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and drizzled with olive oil.
- 1 skinless chicken breast, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 14 ounces chickpeas, precooked
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- pasta (your choice)
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- Put the stock in a pot with the chickpeas, garlic, herbs and chicken pieces.
- Bring liquid to the boil, add pasta.
- Cook till pasta is done.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and drizzle with good olive oil.
I made half the recipe using Crock Pot Chicken or Turkey Stock #55282 nd for the herbs used Chicken Spice Bouquet #190184 and sea shell macaroni. this was really fit for a king, but since he's been dethroned, this queen ate it herself! LOL ! The Parm and olive oil were a great finishing touch. Thanks for posting Brian. Made for Choose Your Event Party.