Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This breads texture is a cross between focaccia and English muffin bread. It's wonderful toasted and is so easy to make because it requires no kneading.
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar.
- Add the yeast mixture and remaining 1 cup of warm water; stir until combined.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled. (About 1 hour).
- Stir dough down.
- Divide in half.
- Place each half in a greased 1 quart round casserole or ovenproof bowl.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with topping.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled; about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from pans to cool.
Great recipe, very delicious. Very easy to make and oh so good. I've been looking for a great Peasant Bread recipe and I found it. Will definately will be making again and again. Thanks Grace4Gayle for a great recipe.
This is wonderful. I follow the recipe exactly as written except that I put all the dough in one loaf pan. We call this our dipping bread. Great texture for dipping in soups and sauces.
This bread came out very nice and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside even with my OOPS. I didn't read the directions as I was mixing it together and mistakenly mixed the melted butter into the dough. (12)