Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family really liked this recipe. When I made this recipe I cut the recipe in half. I also used onions and garlic as shallots are very pricey. I got this recipe from Food Network it's a Bobby Flay recipe from Throwdown with Bobby Flay.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta, cut into small dice
- 3 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb frozen peas, thawed
- Heat the oil in a large high sided saute pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown and the fat has rendered. Remove the pancetta to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the shallots and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook until soft. Add the peas and cook until warmed through. Transfer to a large bowl and top with the crisp pancetta.
I made this for a dinner party, and everyone loved it. I did use bacon instead of pancetta, and added 2 cloves of minced garlic to the onions when I cooked, and I flavored the peas with salt and pepper as they warmed through. Thank you so much for this! It worked great with my entree!
I made this last night (only I used Green Beans as I am not a Pea fan; although I don't think it makes a difference). It was relatively simple to make and the flavors worked well together (as bacon and onions do), however, for the most part it was pretty bland. I would make again but would change to a full bacon rather than the pancetta; also I would probably season with some garlic powder.