Recipe by internetnut
My family really liked this recipe. When I made this recipe I cut the recipe in half. I also used onions and garlic as shallots are very pricey. I got this recipe from Food Network it's a Bobby Flay recipe from Throwdown with Bobby Flay.
Top Review by PianoCook
I made this for a dinner party, and everyone loved it. I did use bacon instead of pancetta, and added 2 cloves of minced garlic to the onions when I cooked, and I flavored the peas with salt and pepper as they warmed through. Thank you so much for this! It worked great with my entree!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta, cut into small dice
- 3 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large high sided saute pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown and the fat has rendered. Remove the pancetta to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the shallots and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook until soft. Add the peas and cook until warmed through. Transfer to a large bowl and top with the crisp pancetta.