Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home, a fast and simple side dish that's well-seasoned and fairly low in fat.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, cooked
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the mushrooms and onions in butter for 3-5 minutes.
- Add marjoram, salt, pepper and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add peas and heat through.
What a nice change from plain frozen peas! I wouldn't change a thing with this recipe, easy, quick, and tasty. Be careful not to cook too long, or the peas will get hard. (Don't ask me how I know that!) Thank you for help with supper!
I had a craving for peas and mushrooms and came across this recipe. I used oregano (same family as marjoram) since I had it on hand. I did use more butter than stated since I was going for a "butter sauce." Even though the rest of my family doesn't care for mushrooms, I decided to make these anyway (chef's right!) but everone seemed to eat their peas, anyway, so I will make these again! Thanks LonghornMama for posting. Roxygirl