Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 16 ounces frozen baby peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Place peas, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan; add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Return the drained peas to the saucepan and add all remaining ingredients. Toss well to coat. Serve.
This was a really simple and delicious way to jazz up peas! (Once when I made this, I didn't have lemons, so I substituted limes. Also tasty!)
Delicieux! The lemon and tarragon combination is wonderful in this but I love both ingredients and love peas too-my kind of food! I made as posted except reduced the salt by half. Served with Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Chicken, Sugar Glazed Kumara ( Sweet Potato ), and Light Pineapple Mousse. Thanks *Parsley* for sharing. Made during my French jaunt with Chow Hounds as part of ZWT5.
The fresh tarragon and lemon juice just made this dish. I'm not a great fan of frozen peas but they worked well here. I didn't add any salt but used No-Salt seasoning instead. I think this would be great with fresh broccoli too. Thanks for sharing.