Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chives is one of the things that thrive in my garden, so while looking for ways to use them I came across this interesting way to serve peas. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 2004)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 shallots, chopped
- 2 lbs frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup chives, chopped
- In a skillet over medium high heat melt butter.
- Add shallots and saute until tender (3-5 minutes).
- Stir in peas and broth. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper.
Wonderful. What a simply and tasty way to liven up frozen peas. I'll be making this again. Thanks Ellie. Made for the May Herb Spice of the Month.
This is a flavorful side dish, and it's very simple to make. I liked the double onion flavor from the shallots and chives. Thanks for sharing!