Recipe by Latchy
Simple tasty recipe for peas.. Based on a recipe from Delicious Magazine. This would go well with salmon.
Top Review by islandgirl77551
I found this recipe quite tasty. There was no chervil available at the local grocers, so I substituted tarragon instead. I also left out the sugar. Even without the sugar, the peas had a mild sweet taste.
- 1 (150 g) jarbaby cocktail onions
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 500 g fresh peas or 500 g frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chervil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain onion, and rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat and add onion and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute without allowing it to colour.
- Add stock and sugar and peas and cook, stirring for a further 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Just before serving, stir through the chervil.