Recipe by Sydney Mike
Found this recipe in The Thanksgiving Cookbook, 1991. For those who enjoy this vegetable, here is an unusual way to prepare them.
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam peas for about 10 minutes.
- Place peas in a food processor & process until smooth.
- Put pureed peas in a small saucepan, then add remaining ingredients & beat by hand until well blended.
- When ready to serve, cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until hot, adding a bit more butter or milk if the puree is too dry.