Recipe by momaphet
I haven't tried this as I hate peas, but for those who like them it's probably quite nice. Posted for ZWT 8 - time does not include rice cooking.
- 6 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 small piece cinnamon, broken in pieces
- 2 -3 cardamoms, pods
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan (or reg fry pan if you don't have one). Put in onion. Add garlic and ginger. When it browns, add the cardamoms, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves. Fry till the onions turn transparent.
- Add the peas, cashew nuts and the coriander leaves and mix well. Cook on low heat till the peas are cooked. Mix in the cooked rice and heat through. Add salt to taste.