Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
serve with raita.
Make and share this Peas Pulao recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g green peas
- 200 g rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 black cardamom pods (bari ilaichi)
- 1 small onion
- 3 small cardamoms (choti ilaichi)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till pale golden. Take half the onions from the pan and spread on a kitchen paper sheet. Add small cardamoms and fresh peas to the remaining onions.
- Stir for 5 minutes. Add 2 and 1/2 cup water to the pan. When it begins to boil add rice and salt. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, cover and lower the heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the water has been completely absorbed. Now sprinkle-fried onions on the cooked rice, serve hot.