Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until browned, 10 minutes. Add garam masala and turmeric, stir to combine. Stir in 3 cups water; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add rice and salt and return to boiling, stirring briefly. Lower heat, cover pan, and simmer; do not disturb rice until water is absorbed and rice is cooked through, 18 minutes.
- Uncover pan, mix in peas and fluff rice with a fork.
- Cover, set aside for 5 minutes until peas are heated through. Serve.