Recipe by *Pixie*
peas - yummy just got yummier... It's easy too!
Top Review by Mammabunny
WOW.. this was really good.. even my 5 yo son ate his peas! I substituted chicken broth for the butter, and gave it 9 minutes, covered, in the microwave, as my oven died the death this afternoon. This is definately a keeper.
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (do not use cooking sherry)
- 3 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped minced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix soup and sherry until smooth.
- Stir in water chestnuts, onion and bacon bits.
- Put the peas in a casserole dish (break up any large lumps and remove any extra ice).
- Pour the soup mixture evenly over the peas.
- In small bowl, mix the stuffing mix and butter.
- Sprinkle on top of the peas and sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.