Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This dish looks attractive and tastes good too. I like to under cook the onions so they still have some crunch. I like the look of the pearl onions but the recipe is equally tasty using chopped regular onions.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lite olive oil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 12 -16 white pearl onions
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, defatted or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, cleaned
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and brown the onions slightly.
- Pour in the broth, cook until the broth is reduced and the onions are still a bit crisp tender 4 minutes, remove and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the pan, brown the mushrooms until they start exuding liquid.
- Return the onions to the pan.
- Meanwhile steam the peas.
- Add to the onions and mushrooms.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth.
Very Impressive, just like Mother makes