This dish looks attractive and tastes good too. I like to under cook the onions so they still have some crunch. I like the look of the pearl onions but the recipe is equally tasty using chopped regular onions.
- Heat the oil and brown the onions slightly.
- Pour in the broth, cook until the broth is reduced and the onions are still a bit crisp tender 4 minutes, remove and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the pan, brown the mushrooms until they start exuding liquid.
- Return the onions to the pan.
- Meanwhile steam the peas.
- Add to the onions and mushrooms.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth.
Very Impressive, just like Mother makes