Recipe by justcallmetoni
I found this wonderful recipe on greek-recipes.com but it started with dried chick peas. Not having the luxury of time, I ended up remaking the recipe with a slightly more convenient ingredients. This can be served either as a side-dish serving 4 or an entrée serving 2.
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped or 2 medium equivalent amount canned tomatoes, diced
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh oregano
- 14.79 ml fresh basil
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove peas from the freezer so that they can begin to thaw while the dish is simmering.
- Add olive oil and onions to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook 2 or 3 minutes until the onions soften a bit. Add the minced garlic and stir a minute.
- Add the tomatoes (canned and paste), sugar, oregano, basil, and water to the onions. Continue to cook another 5 minutes so that flavors begin to come together. Adjust seasonings as desired at this point. Add zucchini and cook 5 to 8 minutes. The zucchini should be cooked but still firm.
- Add the thawed peas and stir again until the peas are warm, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.