Recipe by TheBostonBean
Absolutely savory Indian comfort food. A take on Alu matar, but I have omitted the potatoes.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 0.25 ml asafoetida powder (crushed or powdered) (optional)
- 2.46 ml cumin seed
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper (or more if u like spicy)
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- 2 large tomatoes, course chopped
- 236.59 ml peas (frozen or fresh)
- 59.14 ml water
- 2.46 ml garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, mince onion garlic and ginger.
- Over medium heat warm oil in a skillet.
- Add asafoetida and cumin.
- Let spices darken (2seconds).
- Add blended onion mixture and cook until browned (12minutes).
- Add salt, cayenne, tumeric, garam masala & tomatoes and cook until softened (5minutes).
- Add peas and water, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.