- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the cheese; stir until melted.
- Stir in peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.