Taken from the "From Storebought to Homemade" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the whole squash until tender, no more than 5 minutes.
- 2Drain and cut the vegetables in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds to make a boat-shaped cavity. (Leave some of the meat on the squash peel, so that you don't scrape down to the outer skin).
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Combine the peas, butter, salt, pepper, sugar and cream in a blender and puree until soft but not runny. (Begin with just 2 tablespoons of the cream, and add more only if needed.).
- 5Fill the squash cavities with the pea mixture, and place them in a greased baking dish.
- 6Combine the bread crumbs and cheese, sprinkle over the squash.
- 7Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peas in a Boat
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 79.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g