Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from the "From Storebought to Homemade" cookbook.
- 6 yellow squash, small and well shaped (crookneck)
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby peas, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, seasoned (heaping)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil the whole squash until tender, no more than 5 minutes.
- Drain and cut the vegetables in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds to make a boat-shaped cavity. (Leave some of the meat on the squash peel, so that you don't scrape down to the outer skin).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the peas, butter, salt, pepper, sugar and cream in a blender and puree until soft but not runny. (Begin with just 2 tablespoons of the cream, and add more only if needed.).
- Fill the squash cavities with the pea mixture, and place them in a greased baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs and cheese, sprinkle over the squash.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.