Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
This recipe is so simple and the flavors are so amazing! It was THE HIT at a recent dinner. Everyone had to have the recipe. Better double the recipe! They will all want seconds!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this with peas I froze from my summer's crop, I didn't have any shallots at the time so I use yellow onion and increased the chili flakes to 1 teaspoon, so simple and yet so delicious, thanks for sharing Koechin!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb thick sliced bacon or 1⁄2 lb pancetta
- 3 shallots
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut bacon or *Pancetta into small dice and cook in the oil until golden brown and fat has rendered.Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Cut the peeled shallots in half and slice very thin.Cook them in the rendered drippings until soft, along with the pepper flakes.
- Add the thawed peas and heat through. Distributing the shallots well.
- Add in the bacon or *Pancetta and toss. Serve.
- * The original recipe called for Pancetta which now runs between $20.00 and 22.00 per lb. So I used a good quality thick sliced smoked bacon with great results! :-).