Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is Jamaican style peas and rice that I created for a wonderful lunch for our Jamaican day. Very rich and flavorful.
- 118.29 ml canned red kidney beans
- 0 garlic clove, crushed
- 314.66 ml water
- 158.51 ml coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 0 onion, minced
- 0 scallion, chopped
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 158.51 ml uncooked rice
- Drain the kidney beans and combine with garlic, water and salt to taste in a saucepan.
- Add the coconut milk, pepper to taste, scallion, onion, thyme and cayenne pepper.
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the rice and stir.
- Return to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all the liquids have been absorbed.