1/1 Photo of Peas and Rice (Red Beans and Rice)
This is Jamaican style peas and rice that I created for a wonderful lunch for our Jamaican day. Very rich and flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the kidney beans and combine with garlic, water and salt to taste in a saucepan.
- 2Add the coconut milk, pepper to taste, scallion, onion, thyme and cayenne pepper.
- 3Boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the rice and stir.
- 4Return to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all the liquids have been absorbed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peas and Rice (Red Beans and Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 272.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 10.6 g