Recipe by Luv2Cook inNC
Have you ever eaten at a nice Italian restaurant and had peas served with your meal? These peas taste very similar to what I have experienced in a nice Italian restaurant.
- 1⁄4 cup flavored olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup dried prosciutto
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peas (I prefer Le Sueur young small sweet peas)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saute pan. Add 1 clove garlic and cook for a few minutes just to flavor the oil. Discard the garlic.
- Add onion and saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in prosciutto and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add peas, broth, salt, and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Strain off liquid and serve.