Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Got this recipe off of Food Network...This is a really fancy and easy way to serve peas...And it has a wonderful flavor...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces of chopped prosciutto
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, salt and pepper, and saute until tender, about 1 minute. Add the peas and saute until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the prosciutto and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the parsley and remove from the heat. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper, and serve.
Great recipe for peas and with the addition of the proscuitto it is wonderful! Definitely will save this recipe!!
Excellent flavors - we really enjoyed this recipe. Next time I make it I'm going to add the prosciutto earlier, with the shallots and garlic. I prefer it cooked a wee bit more. Thanks for posting and greetings from Oregon, Cindy.
This was surprisingly good and easy. A nice way to serve boring ol' peas. I just used regular chopped ham that I had on hand. DH had seconds which is not the norm around here! I would make this again.