Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
"Tendril" is such a cute word, isn't it? You should see them... they're even cuter! They're actually the young leaves and shoots of snow pea plants. Serve this with salmon or other fish and a dill-cucumber sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas (do not thaw frozen peas) or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas (do not thaw frozen peas)
- 8 ounces pea tendrils, cut into 4-inch lengths
- salt and pepper
- Whisk oil, lemon juice and sugar in small bowl to blend; set dressing aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add fresh or frozen peas and cook 3 minutes.
- Add pea tendrils; cook 2 minute. Drain well.
- Return vegetables to pot; add oil-lemon dressing and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.