Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a nice colourful easy veggi dish. It takes an ordinary pea dish to new heights. Will compliment any main dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced in thin wedges
- 1⁄3 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces frozen peas or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peas
- 1⁄4 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Combine olive oil, garlic, tomato and celery in 1 quart casserole.
- Cover and microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Add peas, cover, microwave on high 4 minutes.
- Add macaroni, cover, microwave on high 2 minutes.
Tebo, the peas and pasta was very good, had them with Bergy's lemon liver tonight, nice change from mashed potatoes and peas. Didn't change a thing, and quick!! Thanks for sharing a good one!!
Pretty good. I omitted the celery because I don't like the texture of cooked celery, but seasoned with celery sees so I still got some of that celery taste.
This was quite good, but just seemed to be missing something. I will try adding different things to the leftovers, maybe something crispy on top. Please don't take that as a big negative, I am expecting and I think that everything lately is 'missing something' so every one else will probably love it as is (personal tastes and all that)