Recipe by Derf
Better than creamed peas and onions with less calories too. From B H & G low cal (1989).
Top Review by Mille®
These are delicious. I took the chef’s advice by parboiling the veggies and then finishing them in a baked casserole - they were done after about 10 minutes in the oven. Next time, I think I will bump up the sauce ingredients a little - I think the dish would benefit from just a tad more cheesy sauce. But this one's a keeper.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageloose pack frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1⁄4 cup reduced calorie cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup herbed croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 quart microwave safe casserole micro cook peas and onions and 2 tablespoons water, covered on 100% power (high) for 3 to 5 minutes or till just tender.
- Stir in cream cheese, milk, pepper and garlic.
- Cook, covered on high for 2 to 4 minutes or till heated through, stirring twice.
- Sprinkle croutons on top.