Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favorites! I have been eating this since I can remember! Please don't use canned peas -- the taste is all wrong with those!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, medium sized, but really to your taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (thawed)
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- Slice onion into thin rings, but not super thin, a little thicker than you would put on a sandwich!
- In a large frying pan melt the butter over medium high heat until slightly sizzling and browning.
- Saute onion rings in the butter, when close to being brown and caramalized, add the peas, and continue to cook for about 8-10 minutes until the peas are done but not mushy!
- Salt and pepper to taste!
I had grabbed a bag of frozen peas by accident as I don't normally purchase frozen peas. I made them exactly as written and my family ate them but they weren't their favorite. They asked why I would put onions in with peas. I guess we are just not onion with peas fan.
i love peas cooked this way its very easy and fast your right frozen is the way to go with these made for 1 no problem zaar tour 6