Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe which evolved from something my husband grew up with. After hanging out here for 2 years, I enhanced it. :D This is a side that I think is pretty easy and is certainly quite yummy.
- 8 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat a medium skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add butter to skillet and wait for it to melt.
- Sautee mushrooms until golden.
- Deglaze pan with water, adding boullion as you scrape up the brown bits.
- Sprinkle pepper over mushrooms.
- Add peas and heat through.
- What Dave's family would do is heat peas and a can of mushrooms, adding some butter and salt at the end.
My hubby liked this one (he loves peas). I used frozen peas and canned mushrooms. Very easy and tasty go to side dish. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2010.
This was good...love peas, love mushrooms...what more could I ask? Thanks Annie!
I love peas and mushrooms. I used frozen Peas and Canned Mushrooms. I put the chicken broth on to boil and let it boil down. Then added the canned Mushroooms. Added the Butter and let it simmer down. Added the Peas. My goodness this was good. I will be having it tomorrow also..Thank You ..Hugs