Recipe by Annie H
This is a recipe which evolved from something my husband grew up with. After hanging out here for 2 years, I enhanced it. :D This is a side that I think is pretty easy and is certainly quite yummy.
- 8 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add butter to skillet and wait for it to melt.
- Sautee mushrooms until golden.
- Deglaze pan with water, adding boullion as you scrape up the brown bits.
- Sprinkle pepper over mushrooms.
- Add peas and heat through.
- What Dave's family would do is heat peas and a can of mushrooms, adding some butter and salt at the end.