Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is something quick and easy that I serve has a side dish or even a main dish. I like to make my own alfredo sauce for this recipe, using "The Best Alfredo Sauce".
- 1 (1 lb) box fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) packagerefrigerated alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 -2 cup grated romano cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook fettuccine as label directs.
- While it's cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in large saute pan.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until juices evaporate and mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add Alfredo sauce and peas to mushroom and garlic; heat through.
- Add 1 cup Romano cheese; stir to combine.
- Drain fettuccine.
- In large mixing bowl, toss fettuccine and Alfredo-sauce mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with remaining Romano.
5-stars--Excellent pasta dish. I used local brand refrigerated alfredo sauce (our favorite). The mushrooms and peas pair well together and with the pasta, make a filling main dish. Thanks, would definitely make this again.
I made this for lunch as a main dish, and it was surprisingly filling. I think I'll try substituting spinach, asparagus, or broccoli as an alternative to the peas sometimes and I'd increase the mushrooms. I agree with the other reviews that the addition of protein would make this a complete meal. Thanks for posting!
This was quick, easy and very filling. I used Paul Newman's Alfredo Sauce, which worked out very nicely. I think adding any protein would make this a complete dinner, and may try adding shrimp next time. Thanks for posting this. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.