Recipe by Mme M
Easy to make, with lots of flavor. The large peas (marrow peas) look good, but you can use petit pois without a problem. Thaw 2 ounces on the countertop if using frozen, and put on 1/6th per puff. Fresh spring peas are the best! The peas will cook in the oven, no need to precook them.
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- 4 slices pancetta
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1 3⁄4 ounces large peas
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Zest the lemon. Crumble the feta, and blend with the lemon zest. Cut the pancetta into thin slices.
- Clean the mint, dry it and remove the leaves. Clean and dry the large size peas.
- Roll out the puff pastry, and cut out 6 circles that are 3 1/2" to 4" wide. Put cooking paper on a baking tray, or use a silicone sheet, and put the pastry circles onto it.
- On each circle, put 2 or 3 big peas on one half only. Sprinkle some pancetta slices on this, then some feta. Put a couple of mint leaves onto this.
- Fold the empty half of the circle onto the other side, making a half circle, or half moon shape. Seal the edges, pinching with your fingers, or press down using a fork.
- Scramble the egg yolk, and then brush egg yolk onto the surface of each half circle.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F, or until browned.