Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
From Everyday Food, September 2007
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 carrots, sliced into long strips with a vegetable peeler (12 ounces total)
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- Heat butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add carrots; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender (about 6-8 minutes).
- Add peas and cook until heated through, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Super quick side dish. Love peas with butter and the addition of the carrot adds a little something extra.