Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this recipe several years ago, and the family loved it. The next time I went to make it I had lost the recipe, and tried to make it by memory but it was never the same. I found it again today in one of my old cookbooks, and now I know why it never turned out the same, I had forgotten half the ingredients! So I am posting it here on zaar, just in case I loose it again.
- 1 cup fresh peas or 1 cup frozen peas
- 330 g green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint
- Bring a large suacepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the peas for 4 minutes (see note). Add the beans and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, lemon rind, sugar, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over a low heat for 2 minutes. Remove lemon mixture from the heat and stir through the mint.
- To serve toss in the peas and beans with warm lemon dressing.
- Note~ Frozen peas cook quicker than fresh peas. If using frozen peas then only simmer for 2 minutes before adding the beans.
Fresh and light tasting! I liked the hint of sweetness from the sugar. Used fresh English peas and haircot verts. I did add a little lemon pepper seasoning as well. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #57.
We enjoyed this dish very much -- the lemon zest and juice really gave the peas and green beans a fresh taste. It was very easy to make and I will definitely make this dish again. Hopefully, we will have some leftovers for tomorrow. Made for the AUS/NZ Make My Recipe Tag, October, 2011.
These are lovely and tasty. Nice fresh flavours. I used both frozen peas and beans and microwaved the sauce ingredients to warm the dressing. Went perfect with our lamb tonight.