Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love green beans amandine and figured we would give this a shot. These are definitely a different way to eat peas, which can get kind of boring.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions and drain, set aside and keep hot.
- Saute almonds in butter until lightly browned and add to peas.
- Saute mushrooms,onions, salt and pepper in same pan until onions are tender and add to peas.
- Mix to combine.
YUM!! I cut the recipe to 4 servings and my husband and I did a good job of making then vanish! This mix is teriffic! The sauce is buttery and the almond crunch is delicious. I served this with baked salmon. Great! Thanks for another one for my T&T file Karen.
I concur with the other reviews. This was a huge hit! I cut the recipe in half, but the two of us still managed to polish off everything with no leftovers. If I were cooking for 4 and this was the main veggie side dish, I would definitely make the whole recipe and not cut it down.
These were really delicious! I made it pretty much as stated, but used fresh chestnut mushrooms, which I sauteed in the butter along with 2 TBS minced shallots, instead of the onion. I then served it to my bosses with their dinner and they were extremely impressed. It had a lovely taste and I will definitly be making it again for them as well as for my DH at home. Thanks!!