Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We often serve this after dinner in place of a cheese course. I don't remember for certain, but I think it's a Martha recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 ripe red bartlett pears, halved lengthwise, cored and cut into wedges
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, dolce room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugar and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Saute butter and maple syrup in a large pan, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add nuts and toss to coat.
- Transfer nuts to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Toss to coat.
- Toast in oven until fragrant, about 7 minutes.
- Let nuts cool completely on sheet.
- To serve, arrange candied nuts, pear wedges and gorgonzola on a serving platter.
I made this to serve as the ending course of a ribeye steak dinner. It definitely deserved their spot on the menu! The flavors here pair perfectly and it was the perfect ending to our meal! Easy & delicious! Discovered during Fall '09 Pick A Chef.
OVER THE TOP DELICIOUS! The flavor combination in this dish is simply divine, plus it's gorgeous on the plate. Hubby absolutely loved it, in fact I've already made it twice. Thanks for a true keeper Amanda. Edited to say that OF THE 350 RECIPES I REVIEWED IN 2008, THIS HAS GONE INTO MY TOP 20 FAVORITES COOKBOOK.
I'd give you 100 STARS if I could. I absolutely loved this and will make it again. The nuts were FABULOUS in themselves and then the combo of the pears and the cheese with the nuts was perfection. I topped ours off with a tad bit of a grapefruit vinaigrette. Made for Veg*n Tag #2, Sept 2008. THANKS!