Recipe by AmandaInOz
We often serve this after dinner in place of a cheese course. I don't remember for certain, but I think it's a Martha recipe.
Top Review by Susie D
I made this to serve as the ending course of a ribeye steak dinner. It definitely deserved their spot on the menu! The flavors here pair perfectly and it was the perfect ending to our meal! Easy & delicious! Discovered during Fall '09 Pick A Chef.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 ripe red bartlett pears, halved lengthwise, cored and cut into wedges
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, dolce room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugar and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Saute butter and maple syrup in a large pan, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add nuts and toss to coat.
- Transfer nuts to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Toss to coat.
- Toast in oven until fragrant, about 7 minutes.
- Let nuts cool completely on sheet.
- To serve, arrange candied nuts, pear wedges and gorgonzola on a serving platter.