1/2 Photos of Pears With Maple Syrup, Pecans and Cranberries - Microwave
French Tart's Note:
A delicious low fat and EASY dessert to impress! A wonderful mix of ingredients that is great served with home-made ice cream or creme fraiche. These pears cook quite happily in the microwave - as well as the more conventional baking or stove top method too. A recipe I devised for our Bed & Brekafast last Autumn, after a huge harvest of pears from our garden and whilst also trying to find a use for numerous opened packets of dried fruits and nuts!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave method:.
- 2Place the peeled, cored and halved pears into a microwaveable dish. Place them cut side down.
- 3Scatter the dried cranberries over the pears.
- 4Pour 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup over the pears & cranberries & cover with microwaveable cling film.
- 5Microwave on High for 3 minutes until softened, stirring half way through.
- 6Uncover and leave to cool off slightly for a few minutes.
- 7Stir the pecan nuts through the syrup.
- 8Spoon into serving dishes making sure EVERYONE gets some nutty syrup & cranberries! (1 pear - 2 halves per person!).
- 9Drizzle over the remaining maple syrup.
- 10Serve with ice cream or creme fraiche. Yoghurt is nice with this dessert too.
- 11Oven baking method:.
- 12Pre-heat oven to 200 C or 400°F.
- 13Follow recipe as above, making sure the dish is oven proof!
- 14Bake for about 45 minutes or until pears are soft but still holding their shape.
- 15Mix in nuts as before and serve as before.
- 16(These can also be cooked in a deep frying pan, skillet or wok on top of the stove with a lid placed over them; Bring them to a slow boil and then simmer gently for about 30 - 45 minutes. Serve as before.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pears With Maple Syrup, Pecans and Cranberries - Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.0
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g