Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
This quick & easy dessert can be made on the spur of the moment from regular pantry items. If you prefer a very sweet sauce, substitute powdered chocolate for the cocoa.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pears
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Divide pears among 4 individual dessert dishes& set aside.
- Combine water& sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in cocoa& return to a boil; boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla& drizzle sauce over pears.
- Serve at once.
This was easy to put together and ready in no time on the plus side, but, I felt the sauce lacked sweetness. I would increase the sugar to 1/4 cup next time. Also, in step 3 you've mentioned to boil it constantly for 1 minute. I felt that was too long to allow the mixture to boil - it was almost beginning to burn in about 30 seconds. So I stopped at about 25-30 seconds. For an added twist on the taste, I added a dash of almond essence to this. Thanks for sharing the recipe!