- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or more)
- 2 tablespoons port wine or 2 tablespoons pear brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Put half the butter in a large, deep skillet; turn heat to medium-high.
- When the butter foam subsides, add the pears and cook, sprinkling with the sugar and turning occasionally, until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the port; cook, stirring gently, until the mixture becomes saucy, just a minute or two.
- Add in the remaining butter; turn the heat to low; cook until the butter melts and coats the pears; serve immediately.