susie cooks's Note:
This is very good! Make sure the pears are not quite ripe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Put butter in ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 3When butter foam subsides, add pears and sugar, and cook until pears begin to brown, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Add the cream and cinnamon and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until cream thickens a bit, about 1 minute.
- 5Put the skillet in the oven and cook until the mixture browns on top, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 7Top with sour cream or creme fraiche, if you like.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pears "poached" With Butter and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 91.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g