susie cooks's Note:
This is very good! Make sure the pears are not quite ripe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Put butter in ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 3When butter foam subsides, add pears and sugar, and cook until pears begin to brown, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Add the cream and cinnamon and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until cream thickens a bit, about 1 minute.
- 5Put the skillet in the oven and cook until the mixture browns on top, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 7Top with sour cream or creme fraiche, if you like.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pears "poached" With Butter and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 91.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g