Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very good! Make sure the pears are not quite ripe.
Make and share this Pears "poached" With Butter and Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put butter in ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- When butter foam subsides, add pears and sugar, and cook until pears begin to brown, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cream and cinnamon and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until cream thickens a bit, about 1 minute.
- Put the skillet in the oven and cook until the mixture browns on top, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Top with sour cream or creme fraiche, if you like.
Loved this recipe. So easy to make. I did have to cook mine a little longer, because I had the old fashion hard pears, but that all depends on the pear. Thanks for posting.